Q. What do I do if I want to let my property with SPACE?

A. If you wish to let your property with SPACE contact us directly on 0113 2744295 or email [email protected] and we can arrange a meeting with you.

Q. I want to let my property, do I need to tell my mortgage lender?

A. Yes. Your mortgage lender needs to give you permission before you can let your property, and they may impose special conditions. If you are buying a property with the intention of letting it out, you may be able to obtain a buy to let mortgage.

Q. How do I know how much rent to charge?

A. You can ask a letting agent to value your property. Our agents are experts in the area and can give you an accurate price.

Q. How much will it cost me to let my property?

A. This depends on how much support from us, there are different levels of service we can offer from Let Only to Fully Managed. Come and talk to us about what we can offer you.

Q. What does fully managed mean?

A. With SPACE fully managing your property you can relax and distance yourself from the tenants in your property. We communicate with the tenants on your behalf, collect rent and manage the maintenance of your property.

Q. What happens to tenant's deposits?

A. Landlords and letting agents are required to register tenant's deposits with an approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme. At SPACE we use TDS through our Unipol membership. The deposit is either held by the landlord, the agent of the deposit scheme itself. The Tenancy Deposit Scheme is there to protect the tenant's money and help to resolve any disputes at the end of the tenancy.

Q. Do I need to carry out an inventory?

A. Yes, an inventory is beneficial to you as you will have a detailed list of the contents and condition of your property before any tenants move in. It is important that if there is a dispute over damage at the end of the tenancy you have proof of the original conditions of the property.

Q. Can I enter my property during the tenancy?

A. Yes, although you will have to give the tenants prior notice.

Q. Who will pay council tax on the property?

A. It is the tenant's responsibility to pay council tax, although if they are students they will be exempt from council tax. If the proeprty is unoccupied it is the landlord's responsibilty to pay council tax.

Q. What if a tenant damages the property?

A. If a tenant damages the property they will either be asked to pay for the charges to repair the damage or the charges will be taken out of their deposit. Fair wear and tear should be allowed for.

Q. What if the tenant doesn't pay rent?

A. It is sensible to insure yourself against non payment of rent.